sábado, 27 de septiembre de 2008

The Truth about Fans and Groupies! (DE Bravo 40/08)






















Germany, France, England or the USA No matter where the boys show up, the same scenes happen everywhere. Fans that completely lose it, who scream the names of Bill, Tom, Gustav and Georg. they know the songs inside out.

Many TH fans go even further, making clear offers to their favorites., for instance by writing dirty poster slogans. "F**k mich durch den monsoon, or, Tom we want to give you a blowjob", are some of the innocent ones.

In the fifth part of the Big Bravo series, the boys tell us exclusively what is really going on, between them and their fans.

Bravo: what do you think about the somewhat hard slogans by your fans?
Tom: I think it is cool that our fans are so direct. (smiles). Bill: that's our fans.. but to be honest, when we first started, it took our breath away!

Bravo: what have been the best experiences with your fans?
Bill: Our first concert after "Durch den monsoon" was released,all of a sudden so many fans sang along to that song. The concert had to be cut short, cause the pushing and shoving was too much. That really overwhelmed me. Tom: we were just in Mexico. we had to give out autographs for 2 hours. The fans were so touched, that a lot of them cried. that was so extreme. We had never been to an south american country before and we didn't know that we were so famous there and all at once there were thousands of people. it was really unbelievable what happened there!

Bravo: have you ever had weird experiences with fans?
Tom: oh yeah! in madrid the situation got out of control once. Gustav went to his hotelroom, but in his bed were some fans already. they were all over him and he was completely startled. There have been a lot of fans in front of Bill and my room as well. they kept pounding on the door, climbed up the firescapes,totally screaming! Bill: then all of a sudden the police showed up. they broke down the door and pulled me out. they yelled: are you Bill kaulitz?" then they pressed my hands together, interrogated me and thought I was responsible for the chaos. The problem was, they could not speak english, only spanish. I hardly understood anything. Tom had tried to get through to the security guys. when they came, the problem got cleared. The police really wanted to take me to the policestation!

Bravo: that is when fans go to far, or ??
Bill: well, yeah, it was pretty traumatizing and severe. Tom: but we were on the road with our band, then we really do not mind. it is part of the job and we are not scared or anything. it was pretty bad, but at the same time it was pretty funny. when we are at home, we like to have our peace and quiet. we do not give out autographs and take pictures. but when we are on the road, we gladly do those things!

Bravo: have you ever been mean to your fans?
Tom: well we would never be mean to our fans on purpose. they are too important to us. Bill: we don't want to be mean to them, we love them. but everyone has their bad days and looks mad at times. sometimes we are just not able to give everyone an autograph. that is when we are in stress and have to go to the next appointment. We are on the road for our fans all the time and are definately no a**holes.

Bravo: hand on your hearts, did you have painfull moments with your fans?
Tom: noo, just one time a girl wanted to go to the room and fell down. Bill: or the time at the airport. one time girls yelled: we wanna f**k you, in the dead silence. that was pretty painfull but more for them. Bravo: Tom, how many groupies did you sleep with?
Tom: hmmm that is really hard to say, I am not counting. Bill; yeah he does, he has a clicker thing, right?? (laughs) Tom: what I can say, I had more women in my bed that I have been to the toilet.(laughs) No, nonsense. seriously now, I have calmed down somewhat.

Bravo: meaning??
Tom: I really do not want to believe it myself, but maybe I have had my wild time already at 19. not that sex is boring!! but I prefer watching a dvd at night sometimes. the other thing is a bit more tiring. (smiles) at the moment, I could actually imagine something more serious. but the girl would really have to be a knockout. (knock me off my feet)

Bravo: and what is going on with groupies and Gustav and Georg? are they as wild as tom?
Tom: as far as we know, nothing is going on with them (laughs) Bill: they are not the kind of guys, that get together with a girl just like that. Gustav had a girlfriend at the beginning of our career. but after that nothing anymore. Tom: Georg acts like a total flirt. but he actually prefers when the girl comes on to him. Bill: he is really dirty on the inside, but too shy to the outside. Tom: you have to show him how things are done. I am sure that there are girls that really like him and that he likes as well! but no one stepped up to him. with me that is totally different. I am one of the hunter and collector types.

Bravo: and you Bill, still no kiss for you?
Bill: no, nothing yet. it makes me totally sad. I am 19 now, and I really miss it. I really would like a girlfriend, that I could share my live with, who understands everything I do. I have Tom of course, but I absolutely want a girlfriend.

Bravo: but there are of course a lot of offers?
Bill: it is really hard, to trust someone. I do not have time, am always on the road. when I see girls at after show parties, I never know, what they really want. I really do not see a change short term. that is bad. but I still have the music, that is my sanctuary. and dogs are my replacement. at some point I want to have a lot of dogs. They make me happy!



---

0 comentarios: